Oh, 30! Not quite, but only 365 more day until that “magic” birthday is upon me. Like SO many other people, I decided to compile a list of 30 things I would like to do before I turn 30 next year. This was NOT a frantic, life crisis, “oh my gosh I haven’t accomplished anything yet” kind of decision. It was merely as the title reads, a challenge to do a little more. Coming up with 30 things that I REALLY wanted to do in the next year and at the same time were fairly realistic was actually a feat in of itself. I was able to look back and remember SO very many things that I have already done. Many of which are top 10 on most of the other lists I saw when I googled this idea. I’ve travelled alone, I’ve travelled with my family, I’ve danced on a bar, I’ve been married. I have a child, we live in a beautiful home. I’ve run up to the top of the Eiffel tower. I’ve been to a coffee shop in Amsterdam. No doubt I was also in the red light district there too. I bake. I bake a lot. I like to think I do a lot of charitable work. The list of items scratched off is quite long. What you will not see on this list is skydiving or running with bulls (sorry Jeff). What you will see, is this very blog. Something I have wanted for myself and although it won’t be perfect it will be mine. I’ll say things people may not like and of course I’ll say things you will definitely love. I’ll share my thoughts, my feelings, and without question I will share pictures and videos just as soon as I figure it all out. I can not say I know the exact direction this blog will go, but as long as grows I am ok with that! So, without further adieu I give you the 30 before 30 challenge. This is also my farewell to Facebook. I no longer love you.
30 before 30
1. Visit my Vermont family during maple sugaring.
2. Read the Bible front to back.
3. Greet runners on A1A and pass out water.
4. Take L and Mike to the Bahamas.
5. Write/publish a children’s book.
6. Send a hand written letter to someone once a month.
7. Make homemade pasta.
8. Take a photography or paint class.
9. Play golf, with my brother.
10. Bake a perfect macaroon. Or cheat and buy one from Laudree.
11. Sit front row at a concert, show, or sports event.
12. Visit another world wonder or state park.
13. Try to eat an olive.
14. Take a helicopter or hot air balloon ride.
15. Use my sewing machine.
16. Visit a state I’ve never been to.
17. Be more “green”. Tend my garden!
18. Take my family on a cruise.
19. Start a blog….and then…
20. Delete Facebook!
21. Pray with or for strangers.
22. Learn another instrument.
23. Find a loving home for a sweet boxer.
24. Go fishing.
25. Try Rosetta Stone for Arabic.
26. Start a charity or memorial scholarship to honor my father.
27. Camp outside… in a tent.
28. Help someone else achieve a bucket list item.
29. Explore Florida, stop taking it for granted.
30. Be more gracious and Christ-like.